Monday, March 05, 2007

JR's BBQ



JR’s BBQ
3055 So. La Cienega Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
310-837-6838

What do you do when the food at a restaurant is average but the people are so nice and friendly? That's my issue with JR's BBQ. The people are so nice but the BBQ spare ribs are average at best. I want to go back but the good just isn't worth it. JR's is Memphis style BBQ. Memphis means ribs but the ribs at JR's are below average.

Pictured is the half slab of pork spare ribs, $13. The ribs are nice and big. Always a good thing. But they lack a real smoke flavor. If there is any rub on the ribs they must have stayed on the BBQ. The ribs were chewy and also really lacked flavor.

Service is great. The people are so welcoming and friendly. I felt as though I was in the South, not LA. They got my order quickly. They take the time to talk to and get to know their customers.

I would not go back to JR's for the ribs. I could be talked into trying the brisket or pork shoulder. But I would not go back for the ribs