Monday, March 05, 2007

Mulberry Street Pizza



Mulberry Street Pizzeria
347 Canon Dr
Beverly Hills
310-247-8998

Talk about going from the good to the bad. After experiencing the greatness of Village Pizzeria, I had the misfortune of trying Mulberry Street Pizzeria for NY style pizza.

Not only are the slices about double the price they are just plain terrible.

The first picture is a plain slice, $3.00. I would have been better off eating the paper plate. Man this was terrible. The crust was just bad, like cardboard. The cheese was OK but the sauce had a very sour taste to it.

The second slice had chicken and tomato, $4.00. The tomato was fresh and tasty. That's the only good thing about it. The chicken, what little there was, was bland and flavorless. Adding bad toppings to a crappy slice of pizza just means a crappier slice of pizza.

Service is OK. We stood at the counter for about five minutes before anybody said anything to us. They weren't that busy at all. When we finally got service they were nice and friendly. But while I was eating the pizza a couple walked in and waited and waited for somebody to take their order. They finally gave up and left. I wish I would have left because this is one of the worst pizza places I've been to. Now I understand it's Beverly Hills and rent is high. But to charge those kind of prices for such bad pizza is robbery!!

I would not go back to Mulberry Street Pizzeria.