Saturday, April 14, 2007

Caspian



Caspian
14100 Culver Dr.
Irvine
949-651-8454

Oh the Orange Curtain. It's been a long time since I've been to a new restaurant in the Orange Curtain. The recent reviews of restaurants in the Orange Curtain, I've been there before and wanted to do a review. But Caspian is new and since I've been on a kebob kick, I decided to give it a try.

I ordered the shish kabob, which is marinated chunks of filet mignon, skewered and charbroiled , served on a bed of fluffy basmati rice with grilled tomato, peppers and onions. The lunch portion was $9.99.

This filet mignon was tender and lean. But it wasn't as moist as other kebobs places I've been to. It was also pretty flavorless, almost as though there were no spices. I didn't think the portion was as big as other places. I realize it's lunch but you think you're getting a lot of beef but really it's deceiving because of the onions and peppers.

Service was very good. I went with an online dining group and we had about ten people. Our servers were attentive to our needs and we were not lacking for anything.

I enjoyed going to Caspian but I wouldn't go back. I can go to other kebob places and get better food and prices.