Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Avanti Cafe-Closed



Avanti Cafe
111 Lake Ave
Pasadena
626-577-4688

Avanti Cafe is a great place for gourmet wood fired pizza ($8.75). Forget California Pizza Kitchen, if you're in Pasadena, go to Avanti. Pictured is the Wood Burned Delight, ricotta cheese, pepperoni, black olives, green and red pepper onion mix. The olives were just too strong for this. It overpowered the taste of the other toppings. So I took the olives off and it was one hell of a great pizza.

The second pizza is duck sausage ($9.25). Which is chicken and duck sausage, sundried tomatoes, and spinach. The pizza has an olive oil base instead of pizza sauce. I don't eat duck so I had a bite without the sausage and it was a very good pizza. The sundried tomatoes added a nice texture and taste. I would love to try this with a different type of meat topping or regular sausage. I think it would be awesome.

Service was good though the waitress didn't always ask or keep the drinks filled.

I would go back to Avanti's for any of their pizzas. A nice place for gourmet pizza at a great pizza.