Thursday, January 18, 2007

Two Sal's Pizza-Closed



Two Sal's
2325 Beverly Blvd
Montebello
323-721-9185

As many readers know, I hate going to corporate restaurants. So while I could call up one of the many corporate pizza places, I wanted to give a locally owned pizza place a try. Two Sal's has a huge sign for a large one topping pizza for $5.99. I order half pineapple and half cheese. The pizza is not made in a pizza oven. It's made with one of those pizza heaters. They prepare the pizza and they it rollings under the heating lamps until it's done.

Now when I saw that, I lowered my expectations and judged the pizza for what it is, fast food pizza. The crust was thin and chewy. The cheese was well melted and they did put a good amount of cheese on there. The pizza sauce was nice and tangy with organo being the strongest taste.

Service is good. They greet your promptly and taking your order. The pizza takes about ten minutes to make so it's fast.

Two Sal's is as good as the other corporate pizza places. But I hate feeding the machine so I would go to Two Sal's again. Not the best pizza around but a good pizza at a good price.