Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Kiku Sushi




Kiku Sushi
670 Huntington Dr.
Monrovia
626-357-9971

Every now and then I enjoy having sushi. But I'm not an expert on sushi but as long as the sushi is fresh, I'm pretty happy. The best way to tell if fish is fresh? If there isn't any smell. Fish should not smell.

Kiku Sushi offers a great dinner special. You can choose two items from the menu for $8.95 or three items for $12.95. I choosed the two items, with chicken teriyaki and three pieces of sushi. The chicken teriyaki is the standard grilled chicken topped with teriyaki sauce. It's good but nothing special. The three pieces of sushi I got included tuna, salmon, and halibut. All the sushi was fresh and very tasty. I would was impressed they could serve these items at these prices.

My girlfriend had the tempura and avocado rolls. The tempura included shrimp and vegetables dipped in tempura batter and deep fried to perfection. I really enjoyed the nice crunch of the tempura. The avocado rolls were fresh and tasty.

Service was good and fast. But they didn't mention the special until my girlfriend asked about the special.

I would go back to Kiku Sushi anytime. A nice place for fresh sushi at a great price