Thursday, September 28, 2006

That's Amore-Closed

That's Amore 
11223 First Ave. 
Whittier 
562-943-6266 

 That's Amore is a nice pizza place that caters to the local sports teams and kids parties. I went on a Thursday and surprisingly there were a lot of parties going on. I went with a buddy after watching his son play JV football. The kid had a Caesar salad and a meatball sandwich and my buddy and I had a large pepperoni pizza with two sodas for about $31. The pizza was actually pretty good. The pizza is made in those roller ovens. I'm not sure of the exact name but you put the pizza in on one end and then it rolls through the over and comes out nice and hot at the other end. Some pizza purists do not feel that's the right way to make a pizza. But I don't give a damn. The pizza had lots of cheese, about the same amount as other pizza place's extra cheese and a decent amount of pepperoni. The crust was a regular crust. The pizza was good but nothing great. The listed menu price is $14.50, which is about average for most pizza places. Service is bad. Placing your order at the counter is fine. The young ladies taking the order are very nice and helpful. They greet custumers and are friendly. But, the kid ordered a salad and a meatball sandwich. The salad should come first. But the pizza came first and we had to remind the girl about the salad and meatball sandwich. The meatball sandwich came next. But we had to remind the girl about the salad. Then after a five minute wait, the kid finally got the salad!!!! People shouldn't have to remind the server what we ordered and it shouldn't take that long for a salad and meatball sandwich to arrive. I wouldn't make a special trip to That's Amore. Plenty of other good pizza places closer to me. But if I were in the area I would order a pizza to go. They have a huge pizza called the Pizzamus Maximus, which has 20 slices, for $30 with one topping.