Friday, September 22, 2006

Tasty Q Bar-B-Que-Closed




Tasty Q Bar-B-Que
2959 Crenshaw Blvd,
L.A. CA 90016
(323) 735-8325

Tasty Q is housed in what looks like a former Taco Bell.

I ordered the mini-dinner pork ribs with double cole slaw for $8.39. The four ribs were just OK. The ribs seem like they are grilled over hickory instead of being smoked. Which makes for a pretty tough piece of rib and only a decent smoke flavor. The ribs also had a lot of fat on them. The only thing I really liked about the ribs was the spicy rub they put on. But after the first bite it goes downhill from there.

The BBQ sauce has a spice that really overpowers the sauce. You can't taste anything else. I'm not sure what the spice maybe but it's too strong and overpowering for my tastes.

Tasty Q also serves turkey legs, turkey necks and other soul food options.

The people are friendly and service is good. But the food isn't anything to write home about.

With Phillips and J & J within five miles of Tasty Q, the only reason to go to Tasty Q would be if the other places were closed.

Please note, if you're going to comment about Tasty Q or any other BBQ place I've reviewed, spare me the "You should try the brisket or the pulled pork." Those comments will be deleted. I have already stated I only go to BBQ place for PORK SPARE RIBS. There are many other blogs that review the other meats served at BBQ places. Or create your own blog. My blog will only review the PORK RIBS.