Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sonic-Anaheim



Sonic
1632 Lemon
Anaheim, CA 92801
714-992-4500

Sonic is Americ'a Drive-In. The only Sonic that I know of in the area is in Anaheim just a few blocks north of the 91 Freeway.

I went to Sonic to try their burger and extra long coney dog, which along with a large drink, cost $8.05. I had the burger first and it wasn't hot or even that warm. The burger looked at the grade school cafeteria burger you go as kid. I wasn't happy at all with taste or quality of the burger. The price of a Sonic Burger is $2.89 which is for a single burger. A double-double at In N Out is $2.75. Something is wrong with Sonic's pricing.

The coney dog wasn't that much better. Topped with a very mild chili and tons of cheese it was also served luke warm. The hot dog was pretty bland and flavorless.

When I got there every drive in spot was taken and about half the outdoor tables were taken. Considering everything, service was good. But it was long wait before somebody took my order and when I got my food.

I would not go back to Sonic. Food isn't the best. An In N Out burger is much better and about 10 cents cheaper. I think Sonic tries to bring back memories of the 1950's and The Fonz and Ritchie Cunningham. They should work on improving the food.