Friday, August 11, 2006

Giovanni's-Fullerton


Giovanni's
922 Williamson
Fullerton
714-526-5561

Update- August 29, 2016.  I made a trip back to Giovanni's to try their pizza!

This location of Giovanni's has been in business, on and off in Fullerton, since 1958. I first went to this location in the early 1990's. Doing some research and talking to other people since then Giovanni's has closed down, turned into a BBQ restaurant, then somebody bought the name and reopened Giovanni's. The other Giovanni's location, on Harbor Blvd and Imperial Highway, always has classic car shows during the week.  But, the Harbor location closed sometime in 2012 or 2013.

I have always had sandwiches at this location. The sandwiches were always fresh and well made. So I ordered the 6" sandwich lunch special with a bag of chips and a soda for $6.20. I had the turkey and swiss with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes. The bread was lightly toasted, which I like. The turkey and swiss was piled pretty high and was good quality and fresh. The lettuce and tomatoes were also fresh.

I think this sandwich stands out, not only because of the price and value but because of the quality of meats and bread. It is well worth the price.

Service is below average. A typical teenage punk kid who is just there to pick up a paycheck. No work ethic, no customer service skills, nothing. She took my order, then said I can choose my chips at the other end of the counter. She didn't mention I could also pick up my cup for my soda over there. She didn't greet me when I came to the register, she didn't say thank you when I paid, she didn't say anything when she delivered the sandwich to my table. She wasn't pretty a bitch, maybe a prima donna.

If I'm in the area I would go back to Giovanni's but I would hope the service is better. Next week I will review their all you can eat spaghetti night at their location on Harbor Blvd. $5.99 for all you can eat spaghetti is a damn good deal. I know the sign says pasta salad and garlic bread, but it's spaghetti. I will try a meatball and an Italion sausage with the spaghetti.