Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Whole Enchilada-Closed




The Whole Enchilada
1114 Diamond Bar Blvd.
Diamond Bar
909-861-5340

A local alternative to the Mexican chains, The Whole Enchilada offers Mexican food at good prices.

I ordered a carnitas chimichanga for $9.19. The chimichanga wasn't even deep fried, it was very lightly toasted burrito. The carnitas was very salty and the colorado sauce they put on it, which is really an enchilada sauce, added nothing to the flavor. But I still couldn't get over the fact that the chimichanga wasn't deep fried. I didn't order a burrito, it's a chimichanga which has to be deep fried.

The rice is nothing to write home about.

Service is good and fast. It can get crowded for dinner but people eat quickly.

I have never cared for The Whole Enchilada. Yes the prices are better but the food is below average and I would gladly pay more for a better meal. Back in June, I met some people at The Whole Enchilada and I didn't eat anything both times