Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Country Chicken & Ribs-Moved




Country Chicken & Ribs
994 E. Alosta
Azusa
626-334-8220

I found Country Chicken & Ribs while driving to Petrillo's in Glendora, for pizza. I planned to go back soon and today I gave it a try. I should have just had the pizza at Petrillo's.

Country Chicken & Ribs is one of the worst BBQ places I have ever been to. The ribs are terrible, dry, with no flavor and taste. I ordered the 2 BBQ ribs dinner for potato salad for $10.45. When they say 2 ribs, they are really about half a rack of ribs. The ribs are the small ends. But they are so dry that they must be drowned in their terrible BBQ sauce to add any type of flavor. The ribs have a very salty rub. They were fairly meaty but nothing outstanding. The potato salad had a slight mustard taste to it, was fresh but I don't pay $10 for potatoe salad.

Service was also bad. It started off well, I greeted quickly but since this was the first time I been there, I wanted more than two second to study their menu. So I finally decide after she delivers a couple orders. She wasn't very patient answering questions like what pieces of chicken come with their ribs and chicken combo. Then I wanted corn on the cob as my two sides but she said that will be a 60 cents extra charge. But there was no mention of this on their menu. So I said double potato salad. When my order finally came up, she just handed the order to me. No, thank you. She was just a rude punk kid.

I will never go back to Country Chicken & Ribs. One of the worst BBQ places I have ever been to.