Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ted's Place-Closed




Ted's Place
843 Arrow Hwy
Azusa
626-812-6400

Ted's Place is billed as "The best kept secret in Azusa" Well they live up to that billing. Ted's a great place for good quality food in large portions. I order a 1/3lb bacon, avocado burger combo with mashed potatoes and a drink for$6.48. I would say it was one of the best values around.

The burger is huge, just huge. They don't cheat you out of anything. The meat is cooked well done and is topped with cheese, 1000 island dressing, lettuce, tomato, and tons of avocado. The bacon was a little too wel done but the burger was very tasty.

The mashed potatoes was so big, I didn't even come close to finishing. The potatoes are real and not from some box. The brown gravy is from a mix and is a bit bland.

The service was good and fast. The allowed me to substitute fries for mashed potatoes at no charge.

My only problem is that I got bad directions from the lady on the phone. I forgot to print directions before going to Ted's. So when I called, the lady who answered had no idea which way is north and south. I was about a block away when I first called. She should have told me to go north for about a block and I would have found Ted's. But I eventually found it and I'm glad I did. A nice place for good good.