Saturday, June 24, 2006

Oki's Dog




Oki's Dog
5056 W. Pico
LA
323-938-4369

Oki's Dog isn't really a hot dog place. It's more of a burger stand with everything from tacos to teriyaki plates to burgers. But the hot dogs are damn good and a great value at $1.80 and $2 for a chili dog.

I ordered a hot dog with comes with regular mustard, onions, and relish. I asked for no relish. The hot dogs are cooked to order and wow it was great. The hot dog had a nice snap and the wonderful mixture of spices and meat made the hot dog one of the better hot dogs I've had. The mustard and onions were fresh.

I next tried a chili dog and the same great snap was present. The chili dog is topped with mustard and onions in addition to the chili. The chili, which has beans, was very mild but came pipping hot. It was almost burned my tongue during the first bite. I liked the mildness of the chili and thought it made for a perfect topping.

I would go back to Oki's for the hot dogs. A great hot dog at a great price. There is also an Oki's Dog on Fairfax but has a different own than this, the Pico location. Having a good hot dog makes up for the bad fried chicken I had from Maurice Snack N Chat.