Monday, June 26, 2006

Pinnacle Peak- San Dimas





Pinnacle Peak
269 W. Foothill Blvd
San Dimas, Ca 91773
909-599-5312

Pinnacle Peak is the home of the "Famous Cowboy Steak" Well I've been to Pinnacle Peak three times and this last time I thought the quality of the steak has gone down.

Pictured is the steak and ribs combo for $18.99. All dinners come with salad, which is your typical prepared salad you get in a bag and beans, which I didn't have. The steak is a center cut top sirlion cooked medium rare. The steaks are cooked over mesquite wood but I there wasn't any mesquite flavor. Not sure exactly what happened but it was flavorless. Though it was tender and lean, very little to no fat at all. The steak was a little undercooked for medium rare but I like my steaks on the rare side.

The ribs were babybacks and while meaty, they didn't have any flavor, except for the BBQ sauce. The meat was slowed cooked in an oven and was tender but they are your yuppie, suburban ribs. The BBQ sauce was a sweet tomato based sauce. Nothing to write home about, but it did add flavor to some flavorless ribs.

The service was pretty good. The server was being trained and she did well. Though she was a little slow in refilling our drinks and she almost forgot to ask what kind of dressing we would like on our salads. She asked that, just as she was leaving. But she worked hard and was good overall.

I wouldn't go back to Pinnacle Peak because as I said the quality of the steak has gone down. I've had the center cut sirlion before and it was tender and had lots of flavor. But now the steaks are flavorless and while still tender, I wouldn't go back.