Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wings Stop-Long Beach



Wing Stop
2000 Long Beach Blvd.
Suite A.
Long Beach
562-218-9464

This place is simply one of the most overpriced places around. While they give you 10 pieces for $6.16 the chicken wings are so small, you need a microscope to find them. I would doubt the 10 piece weight a pound total. I had the lemon pepper and original hot flavors. The hot was about as hot as a mild salsa. The lemon pepper was OK. An order of wings does not include ranch or blue cheese dressing, that's an additional charge. The people who invented the Buffalo wings are saying what a rip off this place is.

I went back to get a picture for this blog. So what happens. I again order the 10 piece wings with original hot and lemon pepper to eat there at the restaurant, the girl who took my order said that would be 16 minutes. No problems since I'm not in a rush. They pack my order to go, which isn't that big of a deal. But a group of three ordered some cole slaw but they ran out of forks!!!!! How the hell are they suppose to eat the cole slaw?

The wings were right out of the fryer hot. But again they were so small. Where do they get their wings? Weight Watcher's Chicken Farm? Again nothing great but I wanted to get pictures of the wings for all loyal readers for the New Diner.

The first time I went they had weird weekday hours, only opening at 3 or 4pm. Now they are open at 11am, 7 days a week.Now that I have the pictures of the wings, I won't go back. I think any decent restaurant that serves chicken wings is better than this overpriced place.