Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Harry's Smokehouse BBQ-Closed


Harry's Oklahoma Style Smokehouse BBQ
25501 Narbonne Ave.
Lomita, CA 90717
310-326-9842

I'll admit Oklahoma isn't one of my favorite states. I've never been an OU Sooners fan. Always hated players like Billy Sims, Marcus Dupree and Brian Bosworth and Barry Switzer. But I went to Harry's with an open mind. If they have good BBQ, I don't care where they are from.

Harry's has terrible parking, about five spaces in the back and some very limited street parking. I go and order the 1/2 rack St. Louis cut rib dinner with baked beans and cole slaw for $11.90. The lady, who I believe is the owner, slides my change on the counter instead of handing it to me. A very rude thing to do. But again I have an open mind. Their daily special for Wednesday, Oct. 12 was a free cobbler with any dinner purchase.

So I get my order and I open up the container and I'm not impressed. The ribs looked burnt or at least too well done when I opened the container. I took my first bite and I was right. Way too well done. I asked for BBQ sauce in the side. They give my about half an ounce of BBQ sauce, not enough for the five ribs they served. The sauce was very sweet which I do not like.

The beans are included with every dinner and there are no substitutions. I never order baked beans but these beans tasted as though they went to the local supermarket and bought out all the canned beans!!! The cole slaw was ok but I was a little concerned because it wasn't cold or even cool. Seemed to be room tempurture and that's not good.

Funny thing happened while I was not enjoying this meal. While sitting and eating at the tables right outside the restuarant, somebody in a truck, waiting for the light, shouts out "How is it?" I said "TERRIBLE, Don't come here."

TERRIBLE service, TERRIBLE food, and a pain to get to. A big mistake going and I will not go back!!!!!