Saturday, October 24, 2009

King Taco- Pasadena



King Taco
45 N Arroyo Pkwy
Pasadena
626-792-0405

I have already reviewed the King Taco in East LA. I went to the King Taco in Pasadena before but didn't review it. Friday night I went back, so now here is my review.

I haven't had a sopes before and I was willing to give it a try. So I got a carne asada sope, $2.84. The sope was topped with refried beans, cabbage, cheese, and their green salsa on the side. The sope was a small round shaped piece of maize that has a tough chewy texture. Again I'm no expert about sope but I did like this. I would say a sope is like a Mexican pizza.

The carne asada is always good at King Taco and the other toppings were fresh. I was impressed with the large amount of toppings on the sope.

Service was pretty good. They can get busy because all the party people go there before or after a night of drinking, but the line moved pretty fast when I was there. The people were friendly and nice.

I would go back to this King Taco before the East LA King Taco.