Sunday, October 15, 2006

Molcasalsa





Molcasalsa
580 Beach Blvd.
La Habra
562-691-0035

You want fast, quick Mexican food at inexpensive prices? Go to Molcasalsa. They have good Mexican food at great prices. Nothing on the menu is over $5.50 and that's for a combo with beans and rice. Tacos for $2. Burritos for $3 and they are huge.

I had the Flying Saucer tostada and an al pastor tortas for $6.57. The flying saucer tostada has beans, shredded beef, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese all on a nice crispy tostada. As you can see this tostada is huge. I couldn't finish it. There was a ton of shredded beef and all the other ingredients were fresh and tasty. This is one of the better tostadas I've had. Much better and less expensive than the tostada from
Casa Gamino.

The torta wasn't as good. The Al Pastor was tender and tasty and the bread was good but it was very dry. They had a small amount of guacamole and a little lettuce. I would like some mayo and/or salsa. I would either order a taco or burrito instead of a torta. But overall Molcasalsa is a very good place for inexpensive Mexican food.

Service was very good and friendly. She was helpful and didn't cop any attitude when I asked what's on the flying saucer tostada. My order was quickly served. And the great thing about them? The drive thru is opened 24 hours!!!!

If I was in the area I would go back again. I wouldn't make a special trip, the food isn't so outstanding that I need to drive out of my way for it, but if I'm in the area, I would gladly go back.