Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kitchen 24


Kitchen 24
1608 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Los Angeles
323-465-2424

Sometimes a good hearty breakfast hits the spot for dinner. So I was heard about Kitchen 24 and decided to have breakfast for dinner.



I'm not really a french toast, waffles, or pancakes kind of person. I like them, but I normally do not order them for breakfast. I usually get bacon and eggs and if they come with pancakes, I'll eat them but there are times I don't even touch the pancakes.

I got the Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey- Two Eggs over hard, with two Pancakes, bacon and hash browns, $7.95.

I hate running yolks, they are disgusting to see and look at, so I order over medium or over hard eggs. But, the problem is many restaurants can't cook over medium or over hard eggs, the yolk is too runny, they need to be more solid. But, if I order over hard, the yolk is solid but usually the whites are burnt or too well done, which I hate. But, more often than not, if I order over hard eggs, they usually are over medium. Honestly, the only place that almost always cooks eggs perfectly is Denny's.

The eggs I got were over salted a bit, but the eggs were fresh and perfectly cooked, medium, even if I asked for hard.

The bacon was wonderful. Thick cut of smokey, flavorful, chewy bacon.

The hash browns were also oversalted, but well cooked, nice and crispy brown on the outside, soft and well cooked inside.

The pancakes were nice and sweet on the outside. A bit small but pretty good.

Service was very good. I never lacked for water and the order came out quickly. It can get a bit loud inside, with the music playing and people at the bar shouting, but overall a nice atmosphere with a retro 70's decor.

While I wouldn't rush back to Kitchen 24, I wouldn't have any objections to going back.