Thursday, November 04, 2010

Vince's Spaghetti

Vince's Spaghetti
1206 W Holt Blvd
Ontario
909-986-7074

Vince's Spaghetti. An Inland Empire institution that I've been meaning to try, but one friend is adamant about not going to Vince's. But another friend wanted to have lunch and he lives close to Vince's so we decide to go have lunch at Vince's. What is interesting and lucky, was that we had planned to meet o Wednesday but plans changed and we met Thrusday; a lucky break because Vince's is closed on Wednesday.




As the name say it's all about spaghetti, but I wanted to try the French dip sandwich, $5.95. The French dip, was huge, piled with with lean, tender, though a bit dry beef. They dip the bottom piece of bread in au jus and give you a cup of au jus. The au jus is really their vegetable beef soup without the veggies. It has a tomato base/flavor. It was pretty good. I liked the bread, which has a french roll-soft, chewy and held up to the dip.

Service was pretty good, until it came time to pay the bill. Our server dropped off the check and never came back. I know you're not suppose to pay in the front, other tables were getting their checks picked up by their servers. We waited around for about ten minutes before we gave the bill to another server. Other than that, she was fine.

I enjoyed my french dip and I would go back for the French dip sandwich. But my friend got the spaghetti and it was so watery. I'm not expecting gourmet Italian food at Vince's. It's comfort food, but that spaghetti did not look appetizing. I may try it one day, but I'm not in a rush.