Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Pei Wei-Closed


Pei Wei
4517 Chino Hills Parkway
Chino Hills
909-393-7472

Ok, I know what people are going to say. Why go to Pei Wei, the fast food restaurant owned by PF Chang's. But too many people judge restaurants for what they aren't, instead of judging a restaurant for what it is. I'm as guilty as anybody but I do try to judge a restaurant for what it is, now.

Pei Wei has signature dishes and you choose what meat you want. Since I gave up red meat during Lent, I just got chicken dishes.



Ginger broccoli with chicken-Sweet ginger soy sauce, oyster sauce, scallions, and broccoli, $7.95. This was pretty good, if you like ginger. I like ginger but there was a ton of ginger on there. This was a flavorful dish and you won't go home hungry. The broccoli was fresh and crispy but could have been cooked a little bit longer. Overall a good dish but this would be great with beef.



Dan Dan noodles with chicken, chile seared garlic soy sauce, minced chicken, scallion, bean sprouts, cucumber and egg noodles, $6.95. This was spicy!!! All the flavors worked well but it was too spicy for me. I thought there could be more meat or bigger pieces of meat, why mince the meat? I also thought it was a bit soupy, I'm used to a drier form of noodles. I did like this dish but I wouldn't order this again.

Service was good. I was greeted when I walked in and they were very friendly.

Pei Wei wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't have any issues going back to Pei Wei.