Sunday, March 21, 2010

Frisella's Roastery-Closed

Frisella's Roastery
1351 Foothill Blvd
La Verne
909-593-1137

I must have driven past Frisella's Roastery a million times. Frisella's is just across the street from Tasty Goody, Mr. Fish & Chips, and Red Devil Pizza.

I thought it would be an oven cooked, fake BBQ place. But I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and taste of the ribs.




Frisella's had a pork rib dinner special, with two sides for $9.99. I got a side salad, which they count as two sides. When I looked at the size of the side salad, I was more than happy with it.

The ribs are grilled smoked over red oak and mesquite wood. The oak wood isn't overpowering, which is good. There was a light smoke flavor, nothing overpowering. There wasn't any rub except for a ton of black pepper. A nice smoke ring, not much fat and pretty tender ribs. Not the best but good, solid ribs.

I barely touched the side salad, filled with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded cheese, onions and crutons, but it was fresh and tasty.

Service was below average. The server was the only server working, there were about ten people total in the entire restaurant. He wasn't friendly, he didn't come around too often, he never bothered asking how the food was, he needs to be retrained on how to be a server.

I wouldn't go back to Frisella's because of the poor service. I can't believe Frisella's has been in business for 16 years, with such poor service.