Sunday, January 17, 2010

Feedable B-B-Q Buffet-Closed



Feedable B-B-Q Buffet
18311 Colima Rd
Rowland Heights
626-964-9595

I'm going to do Korean BBQ reviews a bit differently. I will post a before and after picture of the meat and then a review of the meat. Too many pictures can make things confusing some people. My old policy of just taking picture of the raw meat, isn't a good idea.

I was on a Korean BBQ kick this week, mostly because I was planning a dinner for a few friends who wanted to go to a Korean BBQ restaurant, so I scouted a few restaurants. One of the first restaurants I went to, was Feedable B-B-Q Buffet and as I was looking at their restaurant, I realized this was the first Korean BBQ restaurant I ever went to, back in the mid 90's. I remember a friend and I were looking for another Korean BBQ restaurant that we saw advertised, but we couldn't find it and saw Feedable and went in. I thought it was good but I didn't have anything to compare it to.

Feedable is unique for a Korean BBQ restaurant, instead of the servers getting your meats, there are bowls of meats on top of ice and you can get as much as you want. One thing I hate about other Korean BBQ restaurants, they may bring you a ton of meat and if the meat isn't that good, you have to finish it. At Feedable you can take as much or as little meat as you want. The buffet is $18.99 and there is a wide variety of meats. They have all the other side dishes but I never get those.





Marinated beef ribs- A nice sweet, soy sauce based marinate. Lots of fat, not tender meat. I wasn't impressed.



Bulgogi- Very sweet, among the sweetest bulgogi I've ever had. But a lot of fat and not that tender.




Pork belly- I picked these slices because they wasn't that much fat on them. But there was also no flavor, pretty bland and tough.




Brisket point. This was terrible. Very tough, chewy, lots of fat and no flavor. I almost choked on a few pieces. Ok I know brisket is a tough cut of meat but I've had other brisket at Korean BBQ restaurants and they weren't as tough and chewy.





Chicken and spicy chicken. The regular chicken was marinated in a sweet sauce. The chicken was mostly dark meat, lean, tender and flavorful. I was impressed with the chicken.

The spicy chicken wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be. I was rated it about a 5. Tender and flavorful, just not spicy.




Short ribs. I loved the marinate short ribs. The marinate was the same as the pork ribs. But these ribs were much more flavorful and tender. A good cut of meat. My second favorite meat at Feedable.




Boneless short ribs- My favorite meat at Feedable, because there were no bones, just grill and enjoy!! The same marinate but the meats were cut into thin pieces and just melt in your mouth. A great great meat.

Service is a bit lacking. As you first walk in, there isn't a hostess. You walk to the back and the servers will ask how many. Ok they are friendly but they didn't provide good service. Ok they don't bring you meat. But they should clear plates and the grill when needed. Well I had plates piled high at my table, I never had the grill changed. Why? Because the servers were eating dinner!!! Yes they sat down and were grilling meat!!

The meats at Feedable are overall among the worst I've had at Korean BBQ restaurants; even tough, fatty and lacking flavor. They got a B rating from the Health Department. I also think the $18.99 is too much for the lack of quality meat. I would not go back to Feedable again. Korea House is a much better Korean BBQ in Rowland Heights.