Tuesday, December 01, 2009

King Wrap-Closed


King Wrap
373 W Bonita Ave
Claremont
909-447-6815

I read about King Wrap on David Allen's blog. I was looking forward to another Middle Eastern restaurant in the area. But I found this to be more of a sandwich/wrap restaurant. But what I found was more of a sandwich shop that serves Middle Eastern items like gyros, shawarma, hummus, and falafel.

I got the falafel sandwich, $4.99, falafel tahini sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, on pita bread. There were some nice pieces of falafel on the pita bread. It would be nice if the pita bread was toasted and not just out of the package. The falafel was ok but not cooked to order. I've had better. The lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce was very fresh.

Service is good. A very nice couple owns King Wrap and are very nice and friendly to everybody.

I was hoping for kebobs and while they do have kebobs, it is only the ground beef kebobs. I hate ground beef kebobs. The sandwiches are fresh and priced right but this isn't anything special. Solid? yes.

I wouldn't rush back to King Wrap. This is certainly better and has more options than a Subway or other chain sandwich shopw. But don't expect much in terms of Middle Eastern food.