Monday, July 06, 2009

Puerto Barrios-Closed



Puerto Barrios
2830 N. Fletcher Dr.
Los Angeles
323-664-7700

Puerto Barrios is a Guatemalan restaurant in the Atwater Village area of LA. I have no experience with Guatemalan food but I was willing to give it a try.

I got the Pechuga A La Plancha, $12.50, which is grilled chicken that came with rice and salad. The chicken was topped with lots of onions and peppers and tasted just like any chicken from any Latino restaurant. Same spices and flavors. The chicken was tender and the portion was big. The rice was white rice with some peas and carrots. The salad was your everyday bagged salad.

Service is good but the server doesn't speak much English, but she was friendly.

I'm not sure what I ordered was Guatemalan or Mexican but I did enjoy the food. I will come back to try something that is more Guatemalan.