Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ostioneria Colima





Ostioneria Colima
1136 S Hacienda Blvd
Hacienda Heights
626-333-8017

I have passed by Ostioneria Colima a million times but I have never stopped in until today. I heard they serve good fish and shrimp tacos and a huge portion of shrimp cocktails.

So I got the small shrimp cocktail, $5.99, shrimp taco, $2.49, and fish taco, $1.99. The shrimp cocktail was great. This is the first time I've had Mexican style shrimp cocktail and I was impressed. So fresh and tasty!!! It was filled with a ton of fresh shrimp, onions, avocado, and cilantro. I thought the juice was going to be sour, much like ceviche, but this juice was sweet. I love this dish. I'm glad I got the small because I wasn't able to finish this.

The shrimp taco was also good. Filled with large pieces of deep fried shrimp, cabbage, and that white sauce, this was among the best shrimp tacos I have had. Full of flavor, hot, fresh and tasty.

I didn't care for the fish taco, though. The fish was too dry and not flavorful. It would have been better if it was deep fried. I would not order this again.

Service was good. But I found it weird that one of the guys who took the food to your table, was just hovering around the dining around, like a stalker. He didn't say anything to me or look at me. But it was just weird.

Ostioneria Colima is a damn good place to get Mexican seafood. I think the prices are fair and the food is very good. Parking is in the back, though as the picture shows there are 4-5 spaces in front. I would go back to Ostioneria Colima anytime.