Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rio's Pizza




Rio's Pizza
531 N Montebello Blvd
Montebello
323-722-8183

Rio's Pizza bills themselves as the best pizza in town!!! Strong words but for the city of Montebello, maybe they are speaking the truth.

I ordered a 12 hot wings and a large pepperoni pizza, special for 20.99. The pizza was just loaded with cheese, always a huge plus in my book, plus they used a good quality cheese. They also loaded it with tons of pepperoni. Another plus. They don't cheat you out of toppings here. The sauce was a bit mild but worked well with this pizza. A very good pizza.

I got the hot wings and wow, they are hot. They hot sauce they use has a nice kick to it, so watch out. They were fairly big and had lots of meat on them. They are baked, not deep fried, because the skin wasn't crispy.

Service was good. The young lady who took my order, greeted my promptly when I walked in. She was nice and friendly. But I thought they took a bit long for my order. I must have waited 25 minutes for the pizza and wings. Not that big of a deal. But most places you can get pizza within 15--20. There were a lot of people in the restaurant but they had already ordered. A couple people came in and picked up to go orders. So it wasn't that busy. Again, it wasn't that big of a deal but it did take a little longer than at other pizza places.

I would go back to Rio's if I'm in the area again. The best pizza in town? Maybe.