Monday, January 26, 2009

Philly's Sandwich and Grill



Philly's Sandwich and Grill
1701 S Grove Ave Ste B
Ontario
909-947-5755

The first time I went to Philly's Sandwich and Grill was on September 11, 2001. Even now, a little over eight years from that terrible day, I can remember everything about going to Philly's Sandwich and Grill.

I went back there today for the first time since Septemeber 11, 2001. I got the large Philly Cheesesteak, $6.99. The cheesesteak took awhile to come. The large cheesesteak is cut in half and seperated. But as you can see it looks as though all the cheese is on one half of the sandwich. Some of the meat, in the half without much cheese, was burnt, charred. Not good. Some of the meat in the other half, was cooked just right. It's almost as though I got two different sandwiches. There is nothing special about these cheesesteak. They won't remind you of being in Philly. But it's a decent enough sandwich, filling.

I sat in the dining area and it was so surreal. The TV was set to a news channel. People were eating and talking about anything and everything. It reminded me so much of the first time I went there. They didn't have a TV back then, but of course people were talking about what happened in New York, Washington D. C. and PA.

Service was good. The young lady who took my order was nice and friendly. She also was working her butt off. I saw her take orders, take orders to people's tables and and out, take out orders. She takes her job seriously. But the wait for the cheesesteak seemed very long. Yes, it was a bit crowded but it shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Of course that's not the young lady's fault.

I doubt I'll come back to Philly's Sandwich and Grill anytime soon. Again, there is nothing special about the food. It's good enough food, prices are reasonable, and the service I got from the cashier was very good. But there are many other places to eat around there.