Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baker's Drive Thru- Ontario


Baker's Drive Thru
2555 S Archibald Ave
Ontario
909-673-0109

Baker's has been around since 1952 and claims to be the first drive-thru in America. I ordered the Mama Combo 1, cheeseburger, fries, and a drink, $5.05. The cheeseburger is a thin pattie, with cheese, thousand island dressing, lettuce, and tomato. The burger is very bland and flavorless. The burger needs more seasoning.

The fries were pretty standard fast food fries. Nothing great.

There are no refills on soda!!!! What fast food restaurant, these days, does not have free refills on soda? Not a good business plan, Baker's.

Service was terrible. When I walked in there was a couple in the dining room. Nobody else was in the restaurant. I ordered and took a seat in the dining room. The table had a view of the counter and the kitchen. While waiting for my burger, I saw the burger sitting on the tray for at least 3-4 minutes. The manager finally called the girl who took my order and told her to take out my order. The burger and fries I had would have been hotter, if it wasn't sitting around.

The girl who took my order was the typical teenager who hates working and has a terrible attitude. When I went back to ask for a refill on the soda, she just said 25 cents. No "That will be 25 cents" Just plain rude.

I would not go back to Baker's again. Flavorless burgers, bad service and pretty high prices all make for a forgettable experience.