Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Kobe Teppan and Sushi-Closed





Kobe Teppan and Sushi
13741 Newport Ave
Tustin
714-544-4055

Once I found out that Kobe Teppan and Sushi offered a $2.50 hand roll, every Wednesday, I wanted to see what they had to offer.

The $2.50 deal is only offered at the sushi bar and the 3-4 booths. I was very impressed with the quality and freshness of the hand rolls.

The first picture shows the Shrimp Crunch and Tuna Roll. The shrimp crunch was my favorite, I would order two more before leaving. The shrimp was tempura fried and was tasty and fresh. They put a sweet sauce that just made this a great roll.

The tuna roll was also fresh and tasty. Like all rolls they were stuffed with rice and cucumbers.

The second picture has another shrimp crunch roll and the spicy yellowtail roll. It was very spicy and just overwhelmed the yellowtail. I didn't care for the yellowtail much. It wasn't fresh and was very rubbery.

The last picture is the calamari roll. It's basically the same as the shrimp crunch roll except it's calamari. The calarmari was a bit small but fresh and tasty.

Service was very good. I never had to ask for refill on drinks, they were there refilling drink. The rolls came out quickly. Yes, it was a bit slow, not many other people in the restaurant, but still great service.

I would go back to Kobe anytime. The next time I may order off their sushi menu, though I would not order the yellowtail.