Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hooters-Closed

Hooters 3041 E Garvey Ave N West Covina 626-974-4668 Ok, people don't go to Hooters for the food. It's to see the women who work there, in their orange shorts and white tank tops. So I had to force myself to forget about the girls and review the food. The West Covina Hooters, used to be a Charlie Brown's, and is located in Restaurant Row, just off the 10 freeway. I ordered the 10 piece wings, all drummettes, $9.79. Medium on the spicy meter. All drummettes cost $1 extra. Hooters wings aren't buffalo wings, they are breaded and then fried, then topped with hot sauce. The wings I got were huge, among the biggest I've ever had. They were also very moist and tender. They were not that spicy, maybe I'll get hot next time. I also ordered the grilled chicken salad, $8.89. This salad was no different then the ready made salads you get at the store. Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, and cucumber topped with grilled chicken. This salad was fresh and the chicken was tender and flavorful. Service was good. I did get greeted when I walked in. But either she can't hear or she is dumb, because I asked to see the baseball game and she put me in front of a TV that had the football game!!! Now I like football but I don't watch the NFL during preseason. I wanted to watch the Brewers vs Astros. I did ask her to switch the channel and she did. But there were plenty of seats open where I could have watched the baseball game. The server was very nice and friendly. I wasn't lacking for anything. I don't make Hooters a regular stop. But every once in a while I crave their wings. So I go. I get good service almost every time I go there and I'm always greeted when I walk in. So I would go back.