Saturday, June 21, 2008

On the Mark-Closed



On The Mark
355 Nieto
Long Beach
562-986-5811

On The Mark is an interesting place. They are opened for breakfast and lunch everyday. But served dinner only on Thursday. I went there for breakfast.

I ordered the Seafood Omlete, $13. Shrimp, lobster, crab, spinach, tomato, and jack cheese. I got on tomatoes since we are in the middle of tomato recall due to salmonella. The omelet was very good, cooked just right and loaded with crab, shrimp, and lobster. But this was seasoned much at all, very bland. I should have added some pepper and maybe even some cocktail sauce.

Service was below average at best. When I arrived the hostess saw me but took about five minutes to come over and greet me. At most there were 15 people eating. Then the hostess told me that the person who made the arrangements, had canceled the "reservations" I was pretty sure the reservations were not canceled. About five minutes later my friend walked in and our party finally got seated. The server took forever to take our order. She took forever to refill drinks. Our party wasn't that big, maybe 12 people, certainly not overwhelming. But she was just too damn slow.

I liked the food at On The Mark but service just sucks. If I do go back I may do a take out order.