Monday, March 03, 2008

Red Robin- Chino Hills



Red Robin-Chino Hills
3903 Grand Ave
Chino
909-591-7909

I got an email after reviewing The Counter saying that Red Robin has just as good burgers. I haven't been to Red Robin in a very long time and I wanted to see if it was true.

So I head over to the Chino Hills' Red Robin. I get a seat in the bar and then try the burger.

I ordered the Red Robin Bacon Cheeseburger, $8.99, with jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. This was an very good tasting, juicy burger. I was very impressed. There were three big pieces of great tasting smoked bacon. The veggies were fresh. The bun was perfectly toasted. What a surprise and what a treat. I very good burger. One of the best burgers I've had. Better than The Counter? Yes. If you made a similiar burger at The Counter, the Red Robin burger is better because they use a better quality beef and they actually cook it right.

I forgot to mention that the burgers come with all you can eat steak fries. The fries are cut thick and are cooked all the way through. This doesn't happen all the time with steak fries. I only had the helping for fries with the burgers. But I was impressed. Thanks to oski from making that comment.


Service was pretty good. As mentioned earlier, I sat at the bar. The bartender was the jack of all trades. She served as hostess, server and busboy. But other than waiting awhile for a refill on drinks, I thought she was good. Nice, friendly and helpful.

I would go back to Red Robin again. As most readers of The New Diner know I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants. But Red Robin makes a great burger, not only for a chain but for any restaurant.