Sunday, September 23, 2007

Paradise Pastry and Cafe



Paradise Pastry and Cafe
1815 West Glenoaks
Glendale
818-545-4000

Trying to find some new places to have lunch and maybe a quick dessert, I found Paradise Pastry and Cafe. This a Middle Eastern cafe. They have kebobs, lamb, and many other Middle Eastern items.

I just stayed low key and ordered a turkey sandwich on a baguette. The baguette was very tough and chewy. I didn't like the texture. The turkey was simple processed turkey that was pretty tasteless. The lettuce and tomatoes weren't the freshest either. Not worth the $3.59 price.

The strawberry roll for a $1 wasn't a bad dessert. It wasn't too sweet, something I like. It was sponge cake filled with strawberry jam and topped with coconut. It was pretty good and worth the $1 price.

What wasn't worth it was the service. It was very slow, rude and just plain racist. Of course many of their customers are Middle Eastern. But they actually serve the Middle Eastern people ahead of other non Middle Eastern customers. I didn't realize we were back in the Jim Crow South.

I would not go back to Paradise Pastry again. Very average food and the worst type of service, rase based.