Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Garden Ranch Market-Closed



Garden Ranch Market
1501 W Beverly Blvd
Montebello
323-888-2054

Garden Ranch Market is an Middle Eastern market that serves burgers and kebobs.

I got the 89 cent burger special. The burger wasn't any better than a burger from any fast food place. Pretty average and while it was bigger than a regular burger at a fast food place, I wouldn't order this again.

The next picture is the Maple Combo, $7.99, which is a beef kebob, chicken kebob, and beef shawarma. The beef kebob was OK. They beef was a bit tough, not as tender as other kebobs I've had. It was flavorful but I don't want to feel as though I'm chewing gum.

The chicken kebob was a bit dry. It was also bland. Not sure what happened here but not good.

The best part of this combo was the beef shawarma. This was tender, juicy and wonderful. The beef shawarma is the only thing worth a damn on their menu.

The combo comes with a good hummus and fresh salad.

Service is just OK. I get the feeling these people want to only serve Middle Eastern people. They weren't that friendly and very business like.

There are many other great kebob places in Montebello, so I don't know why I would even bother going back.