Monday, April 16, 2007

El Toro



El Toro Cantina
5368 Wilshire Blvd.
LA
323-525-2618

El Toro Cantina offers a wide variety of tapas at pretty reasonable prices. The portions are a bit small, I know, I know, tapas are small plates. But even small plates can be small.

The first picture has three tacos, carne asada, $4.50, lump crab, $5.50, and Mahi mahi, $4.50, all with corn tortilla. The carne asada was pretty bland and not as flavorful as I would like. This was just Ok. I loved the lump crab, lots of crab, in a pineapple salsa. The mahi mahi was fried, an interesting way to cook it and topped with avocado. A nice dish.

Service is good at El Toro. We were seated quickly and the server took our drink order right away. Our server was nice, friendly and helpful.

I would go back to El Toro anytime. Matter of fact, I have been back and the now have a special combo, any three tacos for $15. That means I can get the lobster, $6.50 and Yucatan shrimp, $5.50. I think this is one of the best tapas places around.