Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Buffet Dynasty-Closed








Buffet Dynasty
10877 Foothill Blvd,
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
909-945-5748

After shopping at the Ontario Mills Mall one day I drove down Foothill Blvd and found Buffet Dynasty. I figured I would try it and see what they had to offer. I went for lunch, $7.99. I waited longer than it should take to be seated. Not sure why the hold up, there were tons of tables open but I was seated and ready to eat. The one thing I noticed about Buffet Dynasty was that it didn't have much variety. A lot of chicken dishes, one or two beef and pork dishes, and one seafood dish. So the $7.99 maybe a little higher than other Chinese buffets that offer a wider menu.

Picture is the fried rice, teriyaki chicken and black pepper chicken. The fried rice was standard, with peas and carrots. Nothing special but not bad either. Both the teriyaki and black pepper chicken were left on the steam table for way too long. They are hard and crusty. Not a good way to start off. I left most of the first batch on the plate and waited until they put in a new batch. The new batch took awhile, the turnover rate is very slow here, but it wasn't worth the wait. The teriyaki chicken was dry and flavorless. The sauce added a little flavor but nothing much. The black pepper chicken had lots of flavor but the chicken was just too dry and overcooked.

Mongolian BBQ with chicken. The

Sushi, California roll, spicy California roll topped with salmon, and crab salad.

Beef and broccoli.

Seasame chicken and tangerine chicken and shrimp roll with sweet rice.