Sunday, January 14, 2007

Krazy Kabobs


Krazy Kabobs
1418 Beverly Blvd
Montebello
323-725-2929

I've been in the mood for some kabobs and figured I would give Krazy Kabobs a try. Krazy Kabobs is more like a fast food kabob place. It's in the same strip mall as Broaster Chicken.

I wasn't impressed with their chicken kabob. The chicken barg plate $9.99, included rice, salad, and your choice of salad, I picked the shirazi salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions topped with a lemon and oil dressing.

The chicken barg is billed as the most tender part of the chicken and while it was tender it was way too salty for my tastes. Not sure what other things, they use to marinate the chicken but they need to lay off the salt. I also thought the portion size was small, especially for the price. The chicken is grilled to order and it was white meat and tender. But it was also dry in addition to being salty.

I didn't touch much of the shirazi salad or the garden salad. But both items were fresh and tasty.

Service is good. They are nice people and know what customer service is about. I wish they would improve their food because I like supporting businesses with good customer service. But I won't go back to Krazy Kabobs.