Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Seafood Village Dim Sum





Seafood Village Dim Sum
1463 Nogales St.
Rowland Heights
626-913-2338

Seafood Village is a sit down restaurant. I will review them soon. But next door they have a Food To Go location where dim sum, BBQ pork, duck, and Chinese dishes are served.

Dim sum during the week is $1.68. On weekends they raise the price to $1.88. I ordered the su mai and steamed BBQ pork buns. You get four pieces of su mai and they are nice and tender pork. It's matches any other su mai you can get from any sit down restaurants. And the price is right.

I wasn't as impressed withe steamed BBQ pork buns. IT's almost like a sloppy joe. There isn't much BBQ pork and the little amount there is is chopped up and pretty flavorless. I've had much better BBQ pork buns.

The BBQ pork and duck are pretty expensive, almost $6 a pound.

Service is OK. They speak little English so be prepared to point or you'll go hungry.

I would go back for the su mai but I wouldn't order the steam BBQ pork bun. But the prices and quality of su mai make this one of the best values aroun