Wednesday, August 30, 2006

EZ Takeout Burger-Closed


EZ Takeout Burger
11712 Central Ave.
Chino, CA 91710

EZ Takeout Burger was started in 1969 by a former In N Out employee. They have about 12 locations. They are different than In N Out because they have a chicken sandwich and they also serve breakfast. But everything else is basically the same. Though I did see frozen fries being taken into the kitchen.

Every Wednesday and Sunday they have have a 99 cent burger special. So I decide to give their burgers a try. I ordered two burgers with no onions. I'm not sure if they have a secret menu but I figured I'd try a regular burger first. Well the burger was very dry and overcooked. The meat was practically burnt. There was very little lettuce on both burgers, though the tomatoe was huge, juicy and fresh.

Service is below average. I must have waited at the window, I didn't go through drive thru, for 5 minutes before somebody took my order. And only because she was in the storage room and came out to the kitchen.

EZ Takeout Burger trys to be like In N Out but nothing comes close to the original. For 99 cents the burger isn't bad. For regular price, I would drive to an In N Out. I don't think I would go back to EZ Burger.