Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Louie's Burger




Louie's Burger
555 Atlantic Ave
Long Beach
562-437-4078

Louie's Burger is a local burger place in Long Beach. I've been here a few times and today I finally remembered to bring my camera to take pictures. I had always enjoyed eating at Louie's but today for whatever reason, it wasn't as good as before.

I ordered the colossal burger, which is a burger with pastrami, thousand island dressing, lettuce, and tomatoe, for $4.23. The pastrami on colossal burger I ordered today was very greasy and just generally bad. The greasy soaked through the bun and just made a mess out of the burger. The pastrami itself was tough and chewy. The meat for the burger itself was cooked well done and on the tough and dry side. I know because I cut a piece of the burger so the pastrami wouldn't ruin the flavor.

Service is good and quick. They are nice and will do what you ask. I asked them to cut the burger in half and they did.

I don't know if I would go back to Louie's again. There are so many good burger places that one bad meal at a burger place will drop it way down the list.