Monday, July 31, 2006

Clearman's Galley-Moved



Clearman's Galley
8976 Huntington Dr.
San Gabriel
626-286-1484

Update: February 8, 2009 The new Clearman's Galley has opened and I have written a review.

Update: March 2, 2008. This location has been torn down. They are going to open at a different location. Not sure where or when.

Clearman's Galley has been a neighborhood restaurant in the San Gabriel area for a long time. But progress means the current location of Clearman's Galley will be torn down for the much needed Kohl's. Please notice that statement was made with lots and lots of sarcasm. So I wanted to go to Clearman's Galley one more time before it was torn down and moved to a different location.

I ordered the Chili size which is a hamburger patty topped with chili. A salad and two pieces of cheese toast comes with it, all for $6.44.

You have a choice of salad and I just ordered the regular salad. The salad is mostly iceberg lettuce and is just drowned in blue cheese dressing. The blue cheese dressing is pretty damn good. The cheese toast is pretty greasy but much better than the cheese toast from Sizzler.

The chili has no beans and has a mild flavor. It's not an overpowering taste as most chili tend to be. The chili is thinner than most chili but I liked the mild flavor. The hamburger patty was overcooked. This paranoia needs to stop. All beef doesn't need to be overcooked to make it safe for people. But overall I thought the chili size is pretty good. Just a quick not, all the burgers are all made with chili.


Service is good, fast and friendly. You go into the kitchen and order your food and then take it to the cashier to pay. Lines can be very long there but I didn't have to deal with any long lines today.

I wouldn't go out of my way for the Galley but if I was in the area I would go back to Clearman's Galley.