Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tulsa Rib Co.-Moved





Tulsa Rib Co.
954 N. Tustin Ave.
Orange, CA 92867
714-633-3760


Review of Tulsa Rib's new location.

Tulsa Rib is one of the best places for BBQ ribs around. The ribs are baby back and while they do not smoke them, they are great. They also have more meat than almost every other place that serves ribs.

I ordered the lunch portion for $12.88. The lunch portion is half a rack of baby backs with baked beans, cole slaw and your choice of potato, I got the Tulsa potatoes. The ribs are very tender and have so much meat on them. The BBQ sauce is a little on the spicy side and I really like their sauce.

Cole slaw is OK, nothing special. The beans are nice and a little spicy as they use the BBQ sauce. I'm not really a baked beans fan but these are pretty good. The Tulsa potatoes are thick cut and deep fried a nice golden brown. I like them much better than regular freedom fries.

Tulsa is a great place for dinner. Very fast service. I think the lunch portion is a great value. I was stuffed after three pieces of rib and a few Tulsa potatoes. I always go back and I have always had great meals there.

Update Nov. 13, 2008




I went back to Tulsa Ribs and I found that the ribs were a bit lacking. I ordered the smoked baby backs, $16.50. They are dry, almost as if they had been sitting for too long under a heat lamp. The ribs also had a lot of fat on them.

The Tulsa fries, their best side, was oily and on the salty side.

Service was very good though. The server was so nice and friendly and helpful.

I'm willing to chalk this up to a bad night at Tulsa Ribs, or maybe I should just stick with the regular babyback ribs. It maybe awhile before I go back to Tulsa Ribs but I won't hold this experience against them. After all I've had great experiences at Tulsa Ribs, many times before.