Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Olde Ship British Pub & Restaurant




The Olde Ship British Pub & Restaurant
709 North Harbor Blvd
Fullerton, CA
714-871-7447

I was hungry for some fish and chips so I went to The Olde Shippe in Fullerton for the Whitny Platter, which includes one piece of cod and three big shrimps, though they weird British people call them prawns, (I'm joking so please don't email me about the difference between prawns and shrimp) for $15.03

The cod and shrimp are fried to order so it takes awile to for your order. The cod is very nice and flakely but it lack a good crunch. But the cod is huge and the inside is nice and hot. So it's all good to me. The shrimps are also very big. But again the batter lacked crunch. The tartar sauce lacked any kind of flavor. Just bland mayo with some pieces of relish in there. But the cocktail sauce was different than anything I'm used it. It's not the dark red cocktail sauce. But more horseradish than red sauce. It was good and had a nice kick to it. The fries are just regular steak fries. Nothing special about them.

The Whitby Platter is good but I think it's on the high side. Sure you get a big piece of cod and three huge prawns but $15 is kinda of on the high side. The service is OK. I ordered it to go and met a friend at a nearby coffee house. But about a ten seconds after placing my oder the server asked me "What did you order again?" What the hell? But the order was right and I got my order pretty quickly.