Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Rib Factory # 1-Closed


Rib Factory #1
10113 Artesia Blvd.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562) 866-0223

Rib Factory claims to be the #1 ribs in Southern California. I don't think they are even the #1 ribs on Artesia Blvd. Chris and Pitts is a couple blocks down the Artesia and the ribs there are better than the ribs I got at Rib Factory.

Rib Factory opened in 1977 by somebody named Norm Calvin, who was from Texas. I never went to Rib Factory when Mr. Calvin owned it but the new/current owners have no clue about ribs.

Pictured is the lunch portion of the pork ribs with hush puppies, for $6.40. They normally serve lunch portions from 11-3 but they were nice enough to serve it to me. So I'll give them some props for that. The ribs were so small and thin. Some parts were burnt and very tough. They lacked any kind of smoke flavor and most of the ribs were fat.

The hush puppies were served cold as was the Texas toast. The toast was pretty good but would have been much better served hot. The hush puppies were not crunchy at all and seemed as they have been sitting around forever.

Not impressed at all by the Rib Factory. I wouldn't go back and like I said Chris and Pitts would have been a much better option.