Thursday, January 12, 2006

Smitty's Famous Fish and Chicken-Closed

Smitty's Famous Fish and Chicken 9032 Venice Blvd. Culver City, CA 310-815-1053 While going to the Santa Maria BBQ I noticed Smitty's Famous Fish and Chicken. So I decide to go there and try the chicken and fish. I order a chicken breast and a piece of sole fish for $4.52. The sole fish was very good. Nice and crunchy on the outside and flakey and hot on the inside. The tartar sauce added a very nice and tangy twist to the fish. Very nice way to start a new place. But the chicken breast was terrible. They cooked it way too long. It was done dry, I almost choked on it. It also seemed as though they cut off the top portion of the breast to make chicken strips. It didn't look like a regular chicken breast. Wierd and not good at all. I would not order any chicken from them again. The service is OK. After I paid her and got change back, I asked her what was the total again because I thought she gave me back too much change. She all of a sudden got a big attitude, so I said "I'm trying to make sure you didn't give me back too much change. So next time cut the attitude." She didn't say anything after that. The food is cooked to order so you will wait awhile. I would go back for the fish and fish only. I have no desire to eat bone dry fried chicken.