Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chopsticks House

Chopsticks House
3938 Grand Avenue Ste C
Chino
909-590-3688

Chino isn't exactly filled with lots of Chinese food options. Most of Chino is "Panda Express" fast Chinese food or buffets. But, Chopsticks House is a good Chinese restaurant in Chino, though it's a bit Americanized.

When you walk in a sign greets you, telling you to wait to be seated. But, the minute you walk in, you are greeted by the owners/servers. The night I went, there weren't many people so they said pick where I want to sit.

The menu is pretty basic, beef, chicken, chow mein, rice, seafood dishes. We got the orange flavored chicken, pork and vegetables, and shrimp chow mein.

Check out a review of their location in San Dimas!



Shrimp chow mein,$6.95 with shrimp, celery, carrots, and onions. The only thing I didn't like about this dish was the small portion size. Otherwise a great dish, that was well seasoned, the noodles well cooked and a good amount of shrimp-about 6-8 medium sized shrimp, even if they are hidden under the noodles. The shrimp were cooked and seasoned perfectly, but the weird thing was, some were deveined and others were not. I would order this again, but I do wish the portion size was bigger.



Orange flavored chicken, $7.95. This was a good dish, but this tasted more like a honey walnut sauce, than an orange flavor sauce. The chicken was covered in a thick batter, most of the chicken was white meat chicken. But the entire time eating this dish, I kept thinking I was eating honey walnut shrimp.



Pork with vegetables, $7.65, with broccoli, carrots, baby corn, cabbage and zucchini. I loved the sauce and fresh veggies in this dish. I didn't like how the pork was cut into such small pieces, you could barely see the pork. But, a good dish that was well seasoned.

Service is good. The owner/servers were nice and friendly. The thing I liked about Chopsticks House is they have signs!! Many people ordered take out, and they have a sign that says Take Out Orders, unlike other restaurants where you don't know whether to sit down or go up to the counter.

I would go back to Chopsticks House, again. Good food and service at good prices.