Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Jitlada Thai Cuisine




Jitlada Thai Cuisine
5233 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles
323-663-3104

I have heard so many things about Jitlada Thai and I haven't had the chance to go there. But I finally made it. Now Jitlada has a huge menu, that a person could go here every week and order 2-3 dishes and still not finish their entire menu in a year.

But instead of ordering my usual Thai dishes, I decided to try some new things. So I got the spicy Scallops, $9.95, deep fried, then sauteed with mint leaves, chili and garlic sauce. This had an overwhelming garlic flavor. I saw and chewed on the mint leaves, but there was no mint taste. The spice of the chili was there but the garlic just overwhelmed everything. But the scallops, which would have been very good just deep fried, because soggy with the sauce and became a mushy mess. It wasn't impressed with this dish.

Soft shell crab rolls, $12.95, deep fried, fresh vegetables, and glass noodles rolled in a rice paper. This didn't look like any soft shell crab I have ever seen. I think they must have confused with with deep fried shrimp or prawns. The veggies were fresh but the noodles added nothing to the dish. This wasn't worth the $12.95 price at all.

Service was good. But my friend didn't have any rice but they charged us for two rice dishes. He clearly told the server he didn't want any rice and they still charged us.

There were some dishes at other tables that looked very good. I think what happened to me is that I ordered the wrong dishes. Now Jitlada is very pricey, especially for Thai. So I may not rush back to Jitlada but I would go there and try some of their other dishes.