Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ameci-Closed


Ameci
1345 Diamond Bar Blvd
Diamond Bar
909-396-6800

Ameci is a local pizza and pasta place. They have been in Diamond Bar for over ten years and it looks to me as though they have changed ownership recently. They used to send coupons, 2 for 1, half off pizza, etc but now they only have daily specials.

I ordered the chicken parmigiana sandwich for $5.40. The chicken is nothing but a breaded chicken patty, much like the Tyson chicken you get from the supermarket. The chicken is most white meat, so I'll give them some credit. The marinara sauce is good and has some spice to it. The roll is toasted and has a nice chewy center. But overall I wasn't impressed with the sandwich. I mean I could go to the market and buy some Tyson chicken patties and either buy a jar of Rago or get some marinara from an Italian place and make my own sandwiches.

Service was pretty good. I was greeted quickly but I asked what else comes on the sandwich and he had to ask somebody. After he took my order and I paid him, he didn't tell me how long it would take for my order. I had to ask. But he was friendly.

There are many other sandwich places in the area to go to. I wouldn't go back to Ameci. Food isn't bad but it's nothing special either.